Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Breakfast...and kettle corn



Saturday morning I made a real breakfast: scrabbled eggs with some leftover avocado and heirloom tomato, toast (made in my oven's broiler--I really need to get a toaster oven), and a perfectly ripe nectarine. yum! I love summer.

I was still hungry after dinner tonight, so I tried making kettle corn from scratch. It took three tries, but eventually I succeeded...and ate it all without taking a picture. I feel slightly ill now. I got the recipe from Allrecipes.com but used less oil and sugar and followed the details in the reviews. It wouldn't have taken 3 tries if I would have stopped peeking inside the pot. Here's the whole recipe:

Kettle Corn

Recipe By :Sue
Serving Size : 4

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 cup popcorn
1/4 cup sugar -- I used less than that--only 2 or 3 tbsp
2 tablespoons canola oil

Preheat your pan on medium heat, add all of the oil along with 3 kernels of popcorn.
When the 3 kernels pop, the oil is ready. Once the oil is ready, add the rest of the
popcorn and quickly sprinkle the sugar on top. Place a lid on the pan. Alternate, in
three second intervals, between leaving the pan on the stove top and lifting and
shaking the pot. Once the popping has slowed, remove from the stove top and
immediately sprinkle with salt. Let it cool a little.

Source:
"allrecipes.com"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 115 Calories; 7g Fat (54.7% calories from
fat); trace Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 12mg
Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : Using less sugar was fine. Follow the instructions closely--notably, don't
open the saucepan!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Kettle-Corn/Detail.aspx

1 comment:

Debby said...

Hi there!

I did not know you had a blog, but now I know why I like a lot of the recipes tagged by "ilovenectarines"

:)

cheers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails